HTML editors are software tools that facilitate the creation and editing of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) documents. They provide a user-friendly interface for web developers and designers to write, format, and preview HTML code without the need to write everything manually. Here are some popular HTML editors:
- Visual Studio Code (VSCode) – Free:
- A highly extensible, free, and open-source code editor.
- Offers HTML syntax highlighting, code completion, and numerous extensions for web development.
2. Sublime Text – Free:
- A lightweight and fast text editor with a clean interface.
- Supports HTML syntax highlighting and various plugins for web development.
3. Adobe Dreamweaver – Premium:
- A popular WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) web design and development tool.
- Combines visual editing and code editing features.
4. Notepad++ – Open Source:
- A free source code editor for Windows.
- Offers syntax highlighting for various programming languages, including HTML.
5. Brackets – Open Source:
- An open-source code editor developed by Adobe for web development.
Choose an HTML editor based on your preferences, operating system, and specific needs. Many of these editors offer free versions or trial periods, allowing you to explore their features before committing to one for your web development projects.